Friday, March 9, 2018

Some thoughts

     I was thinking about the opening for the film and what I'm envisioning and I just wanted to share some thoughts/ideas:

-Takes place in the 1970s in Wichita, Kansas
-The undertone is yellow
-Maybe the scene opens with a young female lead taking a jog in her neighborhood listening to music with earphones
-The music should be a pop, upbeat song showing that shes in a happy mood(Diagetic)
-She starts to narrate introducing herself like her name, location, time period or maybe the location and time period can be displayed on the screen. My partner showed me an idea of how she thinks the setting should be displayed. I'm also still debating on whether the time period should be displayed or just hinted by the wardrobe, setting, and hair style.
















-I was thinking that the lead should narrate her life at that time and then say something like "..and this is how I was murdered". The only problem with this is that I feel it would be too similar to the hit movie "The Lovely Bones" considering the time period is similar and the female is also narrating as a young girl. But, as I said these are just ideas so were probably going to change some things up to differentiate the two films.
- I was thinking that when/if it shows how she was murdered the undertone could change to black setting the mood of evil and fear

     So that's all that I have thought of thus far. Maybe as we continue on with the research our ideas will change but as of now I am pretty confident with these ideas. I admit that we are going out of our comfort zone a lot with the setting, color tone, and time period but I do feel that when the film is finished these will all work well together in establishing the mood and message.




No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR