Friday, March 16, 2018

Sound:)))

     In my opinion, the sound effects and music are the most difficult in terms of making the film. The reason sound effects are difficult is because its hard to make it sound realistic and part of real life. I mean, in real life when someones about to be killed they don't have suspenseful or scary music in the background! I had already discussed how I am going to make the folly sounds in one of my other posts, but now I need to make the music for when the female lead meets her killer. This may be confusing for you guys because I hadn't really discussed how I wanted to end the two minutes, but I'll tell you now:

     I wanted to end it with the mystery murderer saying "hey, will you give me a hand." The thing with this is that we either need a voice over of a grown man saying this or we can find a man to feature in our film. I was discussing it with my partner Veronica, and she said she likes the idea of the murderer not being shown to establish more mystery. I agree because the whole point of our film is for the audience to ask questions and wonder.

     So, to continue on with sound, I wanted to find a sound(maybe 4-5 seconds long) to play after he says his line. I also thought it would be a good idea for the video to finish off cutting to a black screen with scary music. Not too extreme though.

Download Wav Scary

If you listen to the sound attached, it displays a very uncomfortable sound. The screeches make it very hard to listen too which is what we want in our viewers. We obviously don't want them to cover their ears because of that sound, but we want their hearts to race as would happen in every other horror film.

     We also need a song for when the female lead is running and listening to music. What would a teen around sixteen years old listen to while working out? I have been looking up hit work out songs but I haven't found a song to fit the theme or setting of the film. The only songs that came up were the hit songs of today and when I think of applying that song to the movie, they just clash. 

     The biggest problem with finding a song is that we can't use any of them! There are several rules with using some one else's music due to copyright reasons. I don't really know how we are going to get a record song approved. The only thing I could think of right now is that my sister sings and recorded a few songs. The other problem is that none of her songs fit that specific scene of the movie. Her songs are very slow and would not be placed in a workout album. She does play piano though so maybe she could mess around and play a few chords for another part of the opening. 

     As of now, I am going to talk with my partner to figure this problem out. The film opening is due pretty soon so if we want to use someone else's song, we need to decided who's to use now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR